Thursday 29 September 2011

Challenge Yourself!

So everywhere we look around the scrapping world there is always challenges. Be it a blog, a forum or somewhere else. Well I love a challenge & love to challenge myself in my scrap room. This past weekend my darling husband had to work for four days. Cold & tissues aside it turned into a very productive weekend for me.



First I challenged myself to complete the monthly sketch challenge for September over at Sarah's Cards. Here is the sketch.


And here is my complete page. I will be honest I did stray off the beaten track a little from the sketch. I didn't refer to it until I was finished & that was when I realised the circle in the sketch is a full circle. Unlike my page which I have only used the bottom half.





My second challenge to myself was to use one of my full monthly subscription kits. In hind sight I should have challenged myself to use up some of my kit leftovers that are lying in my card making basket. I randomly grabbed a kit from my ever growing pile. It happened to be from July this year a gorgeous array of goodies centred around the Pebbles Happy Go Lucky Line. My first reaction was too girly!!! But after pulling out the pink & feminine papers & putting them to one side, I saw there was a more subtle masculine tone to the line I hadn't noticed on first glance.


So far I have completed 3 pages which I am more than satisfied with. Most of the time I have to leave my pages out where I can see them for a few days before I decide they are finished & I like them. Maybe it's the break from scrapping or maybe I just look at my work differently but I love these pages!







Thank you for stopping by & watch this space. I still have quite a bit of my kit left to work with & already have some ideas for cards to use up some of those smaller scraps which I hate to put in the bin, but don't have space to store either. Also I feel a couple of girly pages coming on. Now the question is where can I find a girl to scrap. I think it's time to call up big brother & hassle him pics of my darling niece.


Until next time keep on scrapping


x

2 comments:

Louise said...

Your book is beautiful. Such a good idea. I really like how you only used the botom half of the circle from the sketch on your fab LO.
Thanks for playing along with our challenge.x

Nat said...

Love the idea of just using the bottom half of the circle - might keep that idea! ;) Lovely page, such lovely colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Sarahs Cards xxx