Monday 21 March 2011

A Weekend Round Up ~ Just Because

I don't normally post more than once a week but since I missed posting this week I thought I'd share what I have been working on over the weekend & a couple of funny snaps.
Firstly, Comic Relief was on Friday night. For those of you who have not heard of it, it's an annual fund raising event involving celebrities & people from all across the UK raising money to help others less fortunate. This years catch phrase was 'Do something funny for money'. My children's school decided fancy dress was the way to go & my boys ended up going dressed as a crocodile & a mime. As you can imagine I just can't wait to scrap these pictures.


Here is a shot of my dog Chester who was 6 on the 10th of this month! He is getting old fast, I delivered him as a puppy & he is like a baby to us. I just had to share this because it is so cute!


This is my entry for a challenge over at Scrapbook.com. This gorgeous chipboard frame comes from 3tailscrafts you should stop by there website & check them out there stuff is fab! I made this using the old traditional glass keys people used to give as 21st birthday gifts in the past. I think this is much prettier than they plastic ones available in the stores today.


Here we have my experiment with punching soda cans. This technique seems to everywhere at the minute so I thought I'd try it out. It turned out the only punch I had suitable or strong enough to punch through the aluminium was this small flower punch which was a magazine freebie. I made this card for my grandparents anniversary this week.

And finally last weeks Sketchy Thursdays 2 pager. I eventually got it finished. I must admit I enjoyed it it has been around a year since I did a double page. It's just a shame the picture turned out so badly. I can't seem to win lately maybe I ought to take up some beginners photography lessons.


Thank you for stopping on by, if you enjoyed this post please feel free to show some love.

Ali x

No comments: