Monday 8 November 2010

Pacman Birthday


I needed to make a birthday card for my sons 9th birthday at the last minute & here is what I came up with. I just couldn't resist busting out my new circle punch, I never have been able to cut out a circle well. Well my son is a bit of a gamer dude & I thought this would suit him down to the ground. I have been wanting to try an easel style card for awhile now too so this was the perfect opportunity.

I dry embossed the small squares to resemble a grid & then used my new craftwork cards card candy circles. I love these little cardboard circles they are like brads but you just attach them with a foam pad. So simple & easy! I've been wanting to get my hands on these since I saw them online a little while back & found them the other day at my local scrapbook store. I inked the edges of Pacman a touch & added another candy circle for an eye. I then added them to the card using 3D foam tape for a little depth.

All in all this was quite quick & simple to make & I think the bright bold colours are simple & effective. I just love how it turned out & so did my son.

TFL! x

No comments: