Wednesday 10 June 2009

Childhood

As I left work yesterday I walked along looking at the sea and the air smelt so salty. Memories of gritty sandwich's and jumping waves came rushing to me. I thought about how pretty our coast can be and how I have never really taken my boys to the beach. They have been on school trips and with family but never with me. We have never sat down together and eaten sand filled sandwich's or investigated the rock pools. This led me to memories of jumping waves, being soaked up to my chest, laughing and splashing having so much fun and it occurred to me that I probably wouldn't let my children go rushing off into the sea like i used to. For one they can't swim and secondly my thought was God only knows what filth's floating in the water. This set me to wondering just how over protective am I??? I don't think I am at all yet found myself thinking no way would I let them do that. So my aim for this summer is a proper family day at the beach, gritty sandwiches and all. We will be jumping waves together and I wont be worrying about germs or wet clothes..........

No comments: