Saturday 17 April 2010

~New Folded Flower~ Tutorial

I just wanted to share with you a new folded flower i have been working with today. I am not claiming that these flowers are unique but in all my Internet travels around different flower tutorials i don't remember seeing one like these before. They are so easy to make & only take a few minutes. Even my 5 year old made one with a little guidance, so they really are easy.

What you will need to make your flower:
Pencil
Scissors
Double sided tape
Large scrap of patterned paper
Scrap of card stock
Circle punch/Stencil/Something circle to draw round.
STEP 1: Cut out 4 circles from your patterned paper & 1 from your card stock.





STEP 2: Ok here come your series of folds. Put your circle of card stock to one side. Take your 4 patterned paper circles & fold them in half.







STEP 3: Next fold the right side into the middle point of your half circle.








STEP 4: Repeat this action with the left side.









STEP 5: Your 4 circles should now look like the picture above. It is now time to adhere them to your circle of card stock. I find it easier to cut this circle slightly smaller than the other 4.














STEP 6: Your flower is almost finished. Now you can lift the folded flaps upwards for a more 3D effect. Alternatively you can curl the flaps or you can cut down each fold & curl in towards the centre. (See pink flower below). Finish off with a brad, button or something else of your choosing & voila your flower is done.
I hope you have as much fun as i did making these flowers, they are quick & simple & very versatile. I haven't finished playing with the different effects but there are lots of ways they can be curled to change the style to suit your page. My apologies for the dark photographs & the jumbled layout. Thanks for stopping by for a look.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute little flower. might have to try this. thanks for sharing.

KellyCali said...

Way cute! :)

I've made these before, however, your color & pattern choices are especially pretty! Thanks so much for the inspiration & tutorial today! ;)

voodoo vixen said...

Oh these are so sweet! Now... I should be able to make them if a 5 year old can... so I am off to find my circle punch and give them a go!!

Alana said...

Fab flowers, really effective!

tea_bag said...

super cute will have a go at this alma xx

Amanda Sevall said...

This is really cute! And great instructions too :)

Jenny said...

I love these, will have to have a play. :)

Claire said...

Oooh love these, definitiely going to try them, also gonna have to buy a bigger circle punch..oh well - any excuse :)
x

Sarah said...

Very very cute!! I agree, Ive not seen these anywhere, will deffinately have to give them a go!

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Oooo they look fab :D
J xx

Nati Tristan said...

I love learning how to make different types of flowers! Thank you so much for this blog entry! very helpful!

Cheryl said...

wow have to have a go at this one they are gorgeous x

Tabbetha said...

really cute tutorial...i add this to my list!! Thanks for sharing...Im a follower now!